A Beginner’s Guide For Crocheting
Crochet is a very beautiful way of making clothes and fabrics by joining loops of material such as thread, yarn, and others. It might look like a hard thing to do.
Here are some things that you need to know while learning to do crocheting.
Choose Your Material
The first thing that you need to do is find the right material. Choosing the material, the hook size and other things can be a little difficult. For your ease, here is a brief description of the type of material you can use.
· Select the type of yarn that has less weight as it is good for beginners.
· A yarn that is not very fuzzy and shows the stitches clearly.
· Choose a lighter color of yarn or thread. This way it will be easier for you to see the stitches.
The slip knot is the first thing you need to learn if you are a beginner. Follow the below-mentioned steps:
· Take a light colored yarn and make a loop with a tail.
· Cross the tail within the loop.
· Put your finger on the place of the tail.
· Pull the yarn down the working yarn.
· It is like flipping the loop upside down.
· Put a needle in the loop in left to right direction.
· Pull the yarn to tighten it up and there you have it. The slip knot is formed.
Another important stitch that you need to learn is the slip stitch. It is not that famous but if you want to learn crocheting the right way, you need to learn how to make a slip stitch first. The slip stitch is used in a number of ways such as.
· It is used to make a circle or ring.
· It is very useful in combining more than one crochet elements together.
· When making a fabric of crochet, you can make a slip stitch in the background to bring more beauty to the fabric.
· It also holds the basis of some other famous crochet designs like short row crochet or Bosnian crochet.
Two Main Things To Remember
· While learning how to do crocheting, first learn how to use a hook. While making crochets you quickly go from one stitch to the other. So learning how to insert the hook in the next loop is very important.
· The second thing that you need to know is the number of stitches you are making in each row. Count the number of stitches and the end design will look amazing.
Learn More About Crocheting
In your journey of making the perfect crochet, keep on practicing. After learning the basics like a slip knot and stitch, learn other designs. Make different shapes like square, triangle and etc. If you have learned how to make small crochet, make taller and bigger ones. In simple words, the more you practice the better you will learn.
Above are some basic things you need to know when you start learning to make a crochet.
Astrid Schumacher’s website provides you with amazing crochet fabrics and clothes. It is mainly inspired by the Indian and Indonesian culture. The designs are worldwide famous and have caught the attention of a number of people.